19 September, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

I peer edited Brandon and Savannah's QRGs. In this blog post, I will reflect on the effectiveness of my QRG relating to audience and context.

Audience

1. Who is going to be reading this document?

The only people that will read my QRG are my classmates and professor. To be honest, the only one that matters is my professor because he will be the one grading it.

2. What are their expectations?

My classmates don't have any expectations for me. I guess the only expectation they'd have is for me to peer edit their documents, which I have already done. My professor's expectations are clearly written out in the rubric for this project. I am not reaching all of those expectations as of now but I have hit more than I thought my rough draft would.

3. How much information do I need to give my audience?

This is supposed to be written with the assumption that my audience knows little to nothing about my controversy. So I need to start this from the very beginning. A QRG is useful in that it is broken into sections such that if someone does know more than others about the topic, they can skip unneeded parts with ease.

4. What kind of language is suitable for this audience?

The language should be appropriate and concise. There shouldn't be any swearing and sentences should be relatively short and to the point.

5. What tone should I use?

The tone can range depending on the severity of the subject. My controversy can be very serious to some people so I went with a more serious tone in my QRG. It's pretty consistent throughout but there may have been some points where I got bored and tried to make it more humorous for my own enjoyment.

File:Mount Hood reflected in Mirror Lake, Oregon.jpg
Unknown author "Mount Hood reflected in Mirror Lake, Oregon" Date unknown. Public domain.

Context:

1. What are the formatting requirements of the assignment?

The formatting requirements follow the QRG conventions. It is formatted with subheadings, short paragraphs, and ample white space. My QRG fulfills these requirements.

2. What are the content requirements for the assignment?

The content requirements are specified in the rubric. I do not meet al these requirements, most notably my number of sources is low and I have a grand total of zero images. It's not called a rough draft for nothing.

3. Does my draft reflect knowledge or skills gained in class in addition to my own ideas and voice?

I don't think this draft demonstrates my full potential if that's what this question is asking. This draft reflects some of the knowledge gained in class pertaining to the conventions of a QRG but I didn't analyze the few sources I have in my rough draft nearly as in depth as we analyzed arguments in class.

4. Have I addressed any grammatical issues that my teacher highlighted in class or in my previously-graded assignments?

I read through my QRG to check for grammatical issues and fixed all that I saw. No classmates have peer edited my draft yet so I don't have any other revision suggestions for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment