12 September, 2015

Cluster of My Controversy

My controversy is cloning. Last week, I collected various sources to research my controversy. For this post, I made a cluster for the controversy of cloning.
For my cluster, I broke this controversy into two distinct sides. Cloning can do so many things that some people think some aspects are good while others are bad, but I just made it into two sides of the controversy when in reality, many will find their views in the gray area. Also notice that the only groups mentioned are animal activist groups and that's because people don't consistently talk about cloning, most give their two cents then walk away from the subject.
 
 
Reflection:
 
After seeing Isabel and Jessica's maps, I see that mine is total garbage. I don't consider myself to be very artsy or tech-savvy and this just reaffirms what I already know about myself. I tried to use Google Drawing but I think I didn't completely utilize its abilities. Isabel and Jessica both used Coggle and both maps are so much better than my own.
 
I didn't find making a map very helpful but it seems way more useful the way Isabel and Jessica did it. My map divided into the pro and con sides, like Jessica's, but my descriptions of the viewpoints are not nearly as detailed. I think the map is most useful the way Isabel did it. She broke it up by the questions we needed to answer then explained the pro and con side of each question.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I also arranged my cluster map by the pro and con side, and after seeing other examples, I agree that it was not the most efficient representation. However, I don't think your map is "garbage", it still has lots of really good information and is easy to follow and see the connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyle!

    First off all, don't worry! Your blog post is not garbage. I too used Google Drawing because I could not figure out some of the other websites. I think your concept of splitting it into pros and cons is definitely an interesting way to approach the topic. It is really good way to see the different ways the controversy is viewed.

    Good Luck,
    Ayra Sabir

    ReplyDelete