11 December, 2015

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

I will reflect on peer reviews of my draft of Project 4. I peer reviewed Ayra and Brandon's rough drafts.

File:Mount Hood reflected in Mirror Lake, Oregon.jpg
Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory "Mt. Hood reflected in Mirror Lake, Oregon" n.d. via Wikipedia. Public Domain

This draft was brutal. After reading all the comments, I started a new Word document because I needed to change it so much. They both said the same things about my level of formality, clarity, and purpose. I had to take focus off of my high school experience in English and focus more on my experience in this class more. I didn't even realize I had so much about high school in my rough draft, so it's good that they caught that. That feedback was critical to my final draft.

1. Did you demonstrate an ability to think about your writing and yourself as a writer?

Yes, I gave honest feedback on how this course has affected me as a writer.

2. Did you provide analysis of your experiences, assignments, or concepts you have learned?

I gave several examples of how I applied my knowledge throughout the semester.

3. Did you provide concrete examples from your own writing?

Yes, I put hyperlinks in the letter that links to my writing.

4. Did you explain why you made certain choices and whether those choices were effective?

Yes, I gave reason why I made the choices I did and determined whether they were effective or not.

5. Did you use specific terms and concepts related to writing and the writing process?

Yes, I have terms like "procrastinate", "genre", "revision", etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment