29 August, 2015

My Controversy

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/american-sniper-generates-off-screen-controversy/story?id=28342832

I selected the American Sniper story as my controversy. Although Chris Kyle is dead, the movie about him, American Sniper, brought up controversy over his actions. Comedian Seth Rogen compared the movie to Nazi propaganda and filmmaker Michael Moore called snipers "cowards". They received backlash from many, including Sarah Palin who thanked director Clint Eastwood and actor Bradley Cooper for respecting the United States Military.

I chose this subject because I am opposed to and offended by the comments made by Rogen and Moore. Chris Kyle did what he deemed necessary to save American lives. And he did save American lives. Last I checked, that makes him an American hero. A hero doesn't deserve hate from anyone of the country they would lay down their life for.

Article from abcnews.

No comments:

Post a Comment